Children's Crisis Team Specialist
The Children’s Crisis Team is expanding into Manatee County. This expansion offers us the opportunity to hire two full time Children’s Crisis Team Specialists (CCT Specialist).
The CCT Specialist provides the highest quality clinical services to children who are experiencing a mental health crisis that have no immediate access to mental health services.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform counseling sessions with assigned clients/families
- Arrange for referrals and coordination with community resources for assigned clients/families
- Respond via phone within 1 hour for immediate/emergent referrals, with a follow-up face to face within 6 hours
- Respond to urgent referrals via face to face contact within 48 hours
- Be on-call for one week, 24 hours a day, per on call schedule (average of once per month)
- Organize, develop and implement assessment tools, and progress notes
- Complete all paperwork and data submission in a timely manner.
- Meet agency's productivity requirements as determined by supervisor
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience serving at risk children/families
- Excellent grasp of clinical theory and application of evidence based practices in mental health and substance abuse
Experience in trauma and addiction treatment preferred
Education: Master’s Degree from an accredited school, preferably with a major in social work, psychology, counseling, or related field.
Please submit updated job description and internal job application to my attention (Adele).
CLICK HERE TO EMAIL JFCS YOUR RESUME OR FAX TO 941-866-0906.
JFCS provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. JFCS complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
JFCS expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of JFCS employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.
A job applicant with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to participate in the application / selection process is requested to make known the need for an accommodation to Human Resources. For assistance with the application, please call 941-366-2224 X 127