JFCS offers several programs to assist in the emotional healing after the loss of a loved one. Experienced counselors help people cope in the event of a loss of a child, parent, grandparent, spouse or other family member. The depth of emotion experienced during the grieving process can be overwhelming. Having the support of others is essential to begin the healing process. Individual and group sessions are available.
Bereavement Support Group
The death of a spouse, significant other or life partner is perhaps the most difficult experience that one can have. Once the initial intense period of grief has subsided, how do you recreate your life and go on? This group is an opportunity to be with others who are struggling with the same life issues.
This six-week group provides opportunities to:
- Meet new people in similar life circumstances
- Share experiences – what works, what doesn’t
- Begin to laugh and enjoy what life can offer you now
- Receive support as you navigate this new road
Pre-Registration is required.
These services are part of the JFCS Bikkur Cholim/Jewish Healing Program which is sponsored in part by The Jewish Federation of Sarasota-Manatee.
About JFCS Jewish Healing Programs
There are many unwanted challenges in our lives: illness, loss, isolation, spiritual crisis and grief to mention just a few. The Jewish Healing Program offers comfort and strength to individuals, caregivers and families facing a variety of challenges.
Renew Your Spirit
Healing is the renewal and strengthening of the spirit and mind - all JFCS Jewish Healing programs offer trained staff and volunteers to help you and your family through the process of healing.
Funded in part by the Jewish Federation of Sarasota-Manatee, JFCS offers the following programs to meet the needs of the community as people move through life transitions:
- Religious services
- Hospital, home and nursing home visitation
- Companions for serious illness and end of life
- Coping with the loss of a loved one
- Prison ministry
- Lending library and annual lecture
- Educating the community
- Resource and referral services
- Financial Case Management and Assistance
- Holocaust Survivor Support and Assistance
The Jewish Healing Program is affiliated with JBFCS and the National Center for Jewish Healing, JFVCS.
For more information please contact:
The Jewish Healing Program Coordinator