Adolescent Diversion & Assistance Program (ADAP)
The goal of the ADAP program is to reduce or prevent future involvement of youth, ages 11-17 years old with the juvenile justice system. Each group offered will emphasize learning new skills and behaviors that will reduce the risk of repetitive destructive behaviors. Affordable individual and family counseling is available for adolescents and families needing support.
The ADAP program is intended for:
- Youth 11-17 who have been charged with a crime in Sarasota County and/or
- Youth 11-17 who, though not formally charged with a crime, have been involved in:
- Domestic Violence
- Gang-Related Activity
- Substance Abuse
- Criminal Mischief/Trespass
- or generalized violent behaviors (including bullying)
PROGRAM AND FEES FOR ADAP:
Each of the following groups incorporates multimedia presentations as well as qualified group facilitators. NOTE: Hardship waivers are available for all groups.
- Domestic Violence Prevention Group -10 weeks - $5.00 per person, per session
- Gang-Related Behavior Prevention Group -10 weeks - $5.00 per person, per session
- Substance Abuse Prevention Group -10 weeks - $5.00 per person, per session
- Violence Prevention/Anger Management Group - 10 weeks - $5.00 per person, per session
- Bullying Prevention Group – 5 weeks - $5.00 per person, per session
- Shoplifting/Stealing Prevention Group - 5 weeks - $5.00 per person, per session
- Criminal Mischief Prevention- 5 weeks- $5.00 per person, per session
Referrals are accepted from Juvenile Probation Officers (JPOs), School Resource Officers (SROs) and Bay Area Youth Services (BAYS)/ Juvenile Delinquency Alternative Program (JDAP).
For more information, please contact Bryce Wishart at 941-549-5875 or bwishart@JFCS-Cares.org.