Our Mission Statement: Guided by the Jewish tradition of helping all people, JFCS empowers individuals and families toward self-sufficiency.
Job Title: Administrative Specialist
Program Area or Department: Healthy Marriage and Responsible Fatherhood Program (IGNITE)
Accountability: This position reports to the Program Coordinator/Program Director
Job Summary/Function: Provide support services to team through administrative activities to ensure comprehensive delivery of program services.
Specific Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Maintain and monitor appropriate inventory of office supplies
- Coordinate food and the serving set-up as needed
- Assist Advocates and Facilitators in program preparation, including but not limited to preparing materials, arranging meeting areas, and other program related activities
- Assist in preparation of participant certificates and gift cards for incentives/barrier reduction
- Assist with outreach and recruitment for program, such as making phone calls and attending events as needed
- Assist in hiring, scheduling, supervising, evaluating and training Kids Club workers
- Implement age appropriate educational activities to foster learning while providing an overall safe environment for participants’ children
- Adapt activities to children’s needs and abilities
- Manage the Food Pantry and monthly report to All Faiths Food Bank
- Record and distribute department meeting minutes
- Ability to work a flexible schedule as program needs require minimal travel and evenings
- AA/AS degree in human services related field
- Understanding of cultural diversity including the culture of poverty and hard to reach or resistant individuals and families
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products and demonstrate competent computer skills
Typical Physical Demands:
This position requires the individual to perform a broad range of activities. This position requires full range of motion, including manual and finger dexterity and hand and eye coordination. This position requires corrected vision, speech, and hearing to normal range, or special accommodations made of sufficient nature for completion of assigned tasks. This position requires seated work at desk, including use of a computer and technology. This position requires the ability to lift 30 pounds. This position requires the ability to drive and have regular access to a reliable automobile for travel to remote offices. This position requires working under stressful conditions or working irregular hours.
Training: All required JFCS training per COA, DCF, and any additional training as needed within the required timeframes