Accountability: JFCS Counseling Services Supervisor and The Eluna Network’s Director of Addiction Prevention and Mentoring Programs
To assist in the national establishment, development, growth and success of Camp Mariposa Sarasota for The Eluna Network. This position will manage the local chapter Camp Mariposa.
• Master level clinician
• Experience and knowledge of drug and alcohol prevention.
• Passion for making a difference and excitement for being responsible for and sustaining Camp Mariposa Sarasota in partnership as a nationally-recognized program.
• Strong ability to establish and build critical relationships with staff, campers and families
• Knowledge of and commitment to The Eluna Network’s and JFCS’s mission
• Outstanding written and oral communication skills with strong attention to detail.
• Excellent teamwork, interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Familiarity with Community Outreach.
• Knowledge and specialized skills in: the needs of and identification of abused and neglected children; child development and individual and family functioning; working with hard to reach or resistant individuals and families; and collaboration with other disciplines and services
• Highly preferred that individual is eligible to be licensed upon completion of a Master’s-level program.
• Ability to work independently.
• Performs administrative tasks and participates in, as is appropriate, research and community outreach work.
• Possess highly tuned social skills, a love for development, research and grants, experience with diverse backgrounds and substance abuse prevention
• Ability to exert up to 10 lbs. occasionally.
• Master’s Degree from an accredited school of social work, psychology, counseling or a related field is preferred.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Complete and track all Camp Mariposa information, feedback, data for program quality control.
• Provide update of schedule and individual materials for pre-camp, camp, and post-camp director call.
• Complete all mandatory post-event reports to Eluna Network
• Facilitate and coordinate Camp Mariposa youth and teen weekends.
• Track all mentor and youth applications, releases and waivers, and liability insurance for camp and facilities used.
• Create curriculum and themes for youth and teen camp weekends.
• Participate and present in monthly meetings with all camp directors through Eluna Network
• Help engage and connect families to community resources at JFCS and other nonprofit agencies.
• Provide referrals to clients in need of higher level of care.
• Provide case management to identified families.
• Maintain compliant with OJJDP grant with up to 6 additional activities annually.
• Facilitate quarterly parenting groups.
• Facilitate and develop teen programs: Teen camps and Jr Counselor program.
• Facilitate mandatory trainings for mentors 2 times annually.
• Remain current on national and international children’s addiction and prevention trends.
• Secure all contracts for affiliated companies and staff for all Camp Mariposa events.
• Complete in-person intake process with potential new campers and families.
• Supervise all Mentors, Jr Counselors, Interns, and volunteers.
• Coordinate and schedule existing and potential donor visits to camp activities.
• Review, track, and organize all outcomes of participants for grants and research.
• Provide operational oversight of Camp Mariposa staff and assumes day to day responsibility for Camp Mariposa functions and operations.
• Partner with community agencies to help create a better understanding of the scope of and services provided within the camps.
• Ensures all program locations’ compliance with all Agency policies and procedures regarding confidentiality and the release of Protected health Information (PHI) as required by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA).
• The ability to establish and maintain relationships within and outside Agency (school, community, funders, interagency) in a professional manner with full use and practice of confidentially of case material.
• Coordinates the day-to-day operations of program.
• Coordinates duties of a multi-disciplinary staff.
• Confer with staff regularly of program services provided to youth and community, case progress, and related matters for the purpose of promoting and evaluating program performance and assuring quality of care, as well as reviewing work in progress.
• Conduct regular staff meetings with program personnel for assessing program quality, trends, and challenges.
• Ensure compliance with related federal, state, and local regulations, as well as agency and county policies and procedures;
• Participate in the establishment or revision of policies, procedures, guidelines, goals, and objectives; and
• Program planning, implementation, and evaluation activities.
All JFCS required trainings.