Outreach Assistant (Volunteer Coordinator)
Reports to Director of Marketing and Community Outreach
Mission Statement: Guided by the Jewish tradition of helping people, JFCS empowers individuals and families towards self-sufficiency.
To further the agency’s mission by expanding community resources through the recruitment, retention and recognition of Volunteers. To work with the Outreach team to create and execute community events and lead the volunteers at those events.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains welcome packages for potential volunteers
- Screens potential volunteers to ensure an appropriate match between the needs of the volunteers and the needs of the agency
- Facilitates volunteer orientations and trainings
- Manages all background checks necessary for potential volunteers
- Checks potential volunteer references
- Maintains volunteer database
- Tracks and reports onboarding of incoming volunteers
- Assists the Outreach team as-needed with all events, workshops, and volunteer meetings
- Recruits volunteers at events, via online platforms such as Volunteer Match, through networking events, and speaking engagements
- Collaborates with the Outreach and Marketing team to create and manage social media for and about our volunteers
- Provides team support for the activities and events ensure compliance with all agency policies and procedures regarding confidentiality and the release of Protected Heath Information (PHI) as required by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA).
- Other activities as assigned.
Education, Training, Skills and Experience Requirements:
- Strong organizational, operational and project management skills with the ability to multi-task – can understand a concept, then do what is needed to properly execute that concept.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail and high level of customer service skills.
- Strong follow-through ability.
- Well-spoken – needs to be a strong volunteer ambassador for JFCS
- Donor Perfect database management training on Fundraising, Solicitation and Donor/Volunteer Recordkeeping segments
- Participation in in-service training through the Non-Profit Resource Center regarding volunteer recruitment, management, and retention
- All JFCS mandatory training
Must Be Passionate! JFCS team members care about helping others and are always willing to put in the time, effort, and energy to ensure the success of JFCS and our surrounding community!
Required training: All COA-specific and JFCS required trainings.