Our Mission Statement: Guided by the Jewish tradition of helping all people, JFCS empowers individuals and families toward self-sufficiency.
About JFCS: Jewish Family & Children’s Service of the Suncoast, Inc. (JFCS) – is a fully accredited, community-based social service organization that delivers a broad range of professional mental health and human services to individuals, families, seniors, adults, children and veterans on a secular, non-denominational basis. Through comprehensive programs, JFCS empowers individuals by helping them make life-altering changes to improve the quality of their lives. JFCS promotes self-sufficiency, providing people with the resources not only to cope, but to overcome life’s challenges.
Job Title: Chief Development Officer
Program Area or Department: Development
Job Summary/Function: To support the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and further the agency’s mission by increasing the financial sustainability of the organization through sustaining and developing current donors and developing a new donor base.
- Passion, advocacy and excitement for the mission of the Jewish Family & Children’s Services of the Suncoast, Inc.
- Intellectual curiosity, confidence and ability to apply the experience of innovative, successful, development experience to an organization that will transform lives forever.
- Poise, credibility and relationship skills to work with diverse constituencies
- Strong personal work ethic with a sense of humor and perspective
- Entrepreneurial, innovative style
- Integrity and honesty
- Leadership skills that are team orientated and mission-driven
- Strong verbal and written skills to articulate the mission and develop case statements for giving
- Creative professional with the desire to develop, execute and build a solid environment for philanthropy
- Understanding of local philanthropy and fundraising practice in Sarasota
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the CEO in the implementation of the annual fundraising plan
- Provide strategic direction and support organizational change
- Work closely with the Development and Marketing team to deliver a high level of awareness of JFCS programs and services
- Serves as a major gift fundraiser, identifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding key donors and prospects
- Develop an ongoing Planned Giving program leveraging increased support from current donors and creating plans to attract new levels of donors – taking specific responsibility for attracting new younger families in the Sarasota area to support the work of JFCS (community based fundraising)
- Develop analytical tools and manage the donor data base to improve the efficiency and donor receptivity to solicitation efforts
- Working with the CEO, search for grant opportunities, monitor and manage grant applications including timely update and final grant reports. Maintain excellent working relationships with all private foundations calendaring annual meetings and communication
- Support the recruitment of legacy donors and programs in line with external partnerships
- Remain up-to-date on current fundraising, being used in the nonprofit sector as well as current tax law affecting charitable giving
- Attend a wide range of networking events to promote the message of JFCS and the opportunities available to support the work of the organization
- Instrumental in successful execution of all fundraising events
- A deep, abiding passion for the mission and goals of the agency
- Belief and support in donor-centered philanthropic culture
- Proven ability to articulate a compelling vision and inspire board, staff, donors, volunteers and public to achieve it
- High emotional intelligence and ethical standards
- A high degree of self-motivation, ingenuity, and creativity
- Open minded, adaptable and collaborative
- Ability to maintain positive and authentic relationships
- Comfort and confidence in asking for and closing major gifts
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced, dynamic and quickly changing environment
- Highly organized with attention to detail
- Excellent at follow-through and donor customer service
- Commitment to diligently documenting contact information, prospect research, and interaction reports
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to write clear, concise, and compelling proposals, stories, letters, reports
- Proficient in accessing and using donor management software
- Willingness to mentor and coach others
Minimum qualifications include a bachelor’s degree or equivalent, 5 years of development experience and demonstrated success in fundraising, management, and strategic planning. A background in either a for profit or non-profit arena in a leadership position and CFRE certification is a plus.