Our Mission Statement: Guided by the Jewish tradition of helping all people, JFCS empowers individuals and families toward self-sufficiency.
Job Title: Development And Donor Relations Manager
Program Area or Department: Development
Accountability: Chief Development Officer
Job Summary/Function: A front-line fundraising position, the Development and Donor Relations Manager will develop new and maintain existing critical donor relationships, and secure funding for JFCS’ programs and services. The successful candidate will have a passion for JFCS’ mission, and demonstrated fundraising success.
Qualifications and Skills:
- A minimum of three years fundraising and donor relations experience with a proven track record of building and sustaining donor relationships and meeting revenue goals.
- Experience with planning and executing to success fundraising and stewardship events.
- Technology-proficient with donor database management system experience including Raiser’s Edge or Donor Perfect. Experience with using social media and on-line resources for fundraising a plus.
- Outstanding organization and administrative skills essential.
- Ability to meet deadlines, achieve activity and revenue goals, use initiative, and work independently mandatory.
- Health care or human services experience preferred.
- Writing skills and experience with preparing proposals, donor correspondence, and other development communications preferred.
- Essential skills include team player, professionalism, customer service/donor relations, problem solving and sense of humor.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university mandatory.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead JFCS’ grassroots and annual fundraising efforts.
- Plan and execute all fundraising and stewardship events to achieve goals.
- Work with the Chief Development Officer to execute with excellence the Agency’s Donor Relations Program including preparing funder reports and other critical stewardship activities.
- Execute the administration of the Agency’s LIFE & LEGACY planned giving program (no planned giving experience required).
- Other as assigned.
All new JFCS personnel receive an orientation within the first three months of hire to understand JFCS’:
- Mission, philosophy, goals and services.
- Clients that we serve and support.
- Critically important role in our community.
- Personnel manual and policies.