Reports to Chief Development Officer
FUNCTION OF POSITION:
The Director of Strategic Communications will be a crucial member of the Marketing and Development team with overall responsibility for telling the story of the impact of JFCS and building awareness of the organization’s role in the community. This will include the design and implementation of brand awareness strategies, messaging, and key community initiatives that lead to increased financial support.
• Develops annual strategic marketing plan to proactively lead branding and marketing efforts in alignment with fundraising and program development goals;
• Develop a long-range marketing, branding and community relations plan;
• Increase awareness broadly across the community;
• Strategize with JFCS leadership, staff and volunteers around marketing, communications and public/community relations
• Manage marketing department, including budget and staff;
• Expand community outreach through speaker’s bureau;
• Oversee all direct marketing of programs, services and support groups;
• Cultivate relationships with media, volunteers, and other organizations;
• Develop, in collaboration with development team, an integrated marketing plan for benefactor communication, recognition and stewardship
• Manage media buying, media inquiries, public relations and all creative vendors;
• Manage marketing projects from concept to completion with eyes on messaging, brand, budget and timeline.
• Other activities as assigned.
Minimum Bachelor’s degree with minimum of 5 years experience working in a marketing function with responsibility for both strategy/planning and implementation within a community-based organization; direct experience within or in support of the development/fundraising function; experienced public speaker; ability to multi-task and work independently and manage others.
TRAINING REQUIREMENTS: All JFCS mandatory training
CLASSIFICATION: This position is classified as full-time, salaried exempt.