The mission of the human resource department is to support the goals and challenges of the Jewish Family and Children’s Service (JFCS) by providing services that promote a work environment that is characterized by fair treatment to all employees, open communication, personal accountability, trust and mutual respect. We seek to provide solutions to workplace issues that support and optimize the operating principles of the Agency. The Human Resources Assistant contributes to the accomplishment of Human Resource practices and objectives through efficient/compliant and heartfelt service to the employees and future employees of Jewish Family & Children’s Service of the Suncoast, Inc. (JFCS).
Requires excellent interpersonal skills; ability to multi-task; knowledge of Human Resource Information Management Systems; excellent organizational and writing skills; time management skills; proficiency in Microsoft databases including Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for verifying all professional and employment references for potential employees
• Initiate background checks and drug screens for employment candidates
• Responsible for initiating onboarding in payroll software for new employees
• Responsible for entering benefit information in payroll software
• Reconcile benefit invoices
• Responsible for tracking employee annual training in payroll software
• Create and maintain employee files, including all department filing requirements
• Assist with open enrollment
• Contribute to team effort by accomplishing projects as they arise
• Maintain employee confidence and protect operations by keeping information confidential
• Maintain quality service by following Agency standards
• Plans, organizes and supervises bi-monthly new employee orientation, and the passport process
Skills and Qualifications:
• Highly organized
• Ability to work within a team
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Skills
Accountability: Director of Human Resources
• This position is classified as part-time: 25 hours a week; 5 hours each JFCS work day.