Our Mission Statement: Guided by the Jewish tradition of helping all people, JFCS empowers individuals and families toward self-sufficiency.
Job Title: Kids Club Worker
Program Area or Department: Healthy Marriage And Responsible Fatherhood Programs
Accountability: Program Coordinator
Job Description: Delivers Kids Club 2Gen curriculum and provides supervision in a safe and humane manner for the children whose parents participate in the HMRF programs.
Specific Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Implement age appropriate educational activities to foster learning while providing an overall safe environment for participants’ children
- Adapt activities to children’s needs and abilities
- Children ages range from newborn to 12 years old
- Facilitate room set-up/break-down and set-up of food to be served
- Assist with participant check- in
- Serve food to participants prior to classes and prior to the beginning of child care services
- Identify any potential safety risks and act quickly to alleviate potential safety issues
- Report and document any issues of concern to Program Coordinator and other appropriate channels especially surrounding child abuse and/or maltreatment
- Ability to work a flexible schedule as program needs require travel and evening hours
- typically Monday through Thursday, 5-8:30pm
- High School Diploma and preference of child care experience
- Ability to positively engage children
- Understanding of cultural diversity including the culture of poverty and hard to reach or resistant individuals and families
Typical Physical Demands:
This position requires the individual to perform a broad range of activities. This position requires full range of motion, including manual and finger dexterity and hand and eye coordination. This position requires corrected vision, speech, and hearing to normal range, or special accommodations made of sufficient nature for completion of assigned tasks. This position requires seated work at desk, including use of a computer and technology. This position requires the ability to lift 30 pounds. This position requires the ability to drive and have regular access to a reliable automobile for travel to remote offices. This position requires working under stressful conditions or working irregular hours.
Training: All required JFCS training per COA, DCF, and any additional training as needed within the required timeframes.