Our Mission Statement: Guided by the Jewish tradition of helping all people, JFCS empowers individuals and families toward self-sufficiency.
Job Title: Housing Specialist – Sarasota And Manatee Counties
Program Area or Department: Rapid Rehousing Program
Accountability: Lead Program Coordinator
Job Summary/Function: To expand and diversify funding for JFCS through targeted direct solicitation of individual gifts of $25,000 and higher and planned giving to increase the agency endowment fund.
Qualifications: Candidate must be a highly energetic professional with a track record of building donor relationships and closing gifts of $25,000 and higher. Minimum Bachelor’s degree with 5-7 years of successful experience in major or planned gift fundraising; excellent interpersonal and communication skills; knowledge of Jewish traditions; dedication to mission of the agency; proficiency in Donor Perfect software application.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Strengthen agency’s fund raising capacity
- Establish a major donor giving program that focuses on engaging existing donors and qualifying, contacting and engaging new prospects
- Establish personal relationships with major donors, identifying their interests and educating them about JFCS programs that would appeal to them
- Personally solicit 100 – 150 prospects with an emphasis on leadership level annual gifts at $25,000 and higher as well as planned giving donations to support the endowment fund
- Develop & implement donor recognition program
- Work with and support the Board of Directors in their stewardship of specific donors
- Plan and execute Legacy Society events for donors
- Provide team support for the activities and events sponsored by the Development Department
- Donor stewardship and solicitation of major donors and Legacy Society members
- Other activities as assigned.