Provide site-based and telehealth therapy services to individuals and groups referred into the youth mental health program. This position will provide community outreach and engagement and will conduct community/partner trainings on various topics. This position will also provide direct supervision and support to a clinical case manager and is responsible for all aspects of development, implementation, data collection, reporting and all other administrative functions of the youth mental health program.
JOB TITLE: Therapist
PROGRAM AREA OR DEPARTMENT: JFCS Counseling Services
Accountability: Chief of Behavioral Health Services
- Excellent grasp of clinical theory and application of evidence based practices in mental health and substance abuse
- A Florida Licensed Social Worker or Mental Health Counselor
- Minimum of 3 years of experience providing individual and group therapy sessions.
Physical Requirements: Mobility throughout agency location and ability to sit through client sessions and meeting. Ability to travel and mobilize independently within the community.
Education: Master’s Degree from an accredited school, with a major in social work or counseling
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform therapy sessions with assigned clients and groups
- Form strong community partners
- Organize, develop and complete assessments, treatment plans and progress notes
- Supervision of a clinical case manager
- Collect and Report accurate data to funding sources in a timely manner
- Perform trainings to community partner agencies
Required Skills/Areas of Accountability:
- Ability to form strong positive relationships with partner agencies, clients and JFCS agency staff and volunteers and within the general community
- Ability to engage and work effectively and empathetically with diverse youth populations
- Ability to work independently and effectively supervise and support a clinical case manager
- Experience working with youth and families where DV, substance abuse and physical, emotional and sexual abuse and other trauma may be a presenting issue
- Ability to establish and maintain positive professional relationships with colleagues within and outside the agency.
- Ability to comply with all HIPAA regulations, keep confidential information about staff, clients, agency and the within the community in accordance with all professional standards.
- Annual HIPAA training
- Annual Deaf & Hard of Hearing Training
- All other annual required agency wide and counseling specific trainings
Classification: Exempt, full-time position